Tuscaloosa, Alabama – University of Alabama Athletic Department Prepares for Game 37day The annual National Day of Girls and Women in Movement – a week of recognition that begins on Wednesday 25th January and continues through Celebration Day on Wednesday 2nd February.
National Girls and Girls Sports Day (NGWSD) is a day dedicated to honoring the achievements of female athletes, coaches and leaders and highlighting the power of sport to unleash the limitless potential of girls and girls.
As part of the Alabama Athletics’ celebration of NGWSD, the Crimson Tide Foundation set a goal to raise $50,000 for the Crimson Tide Scholarship Fund, the Alabama Athletics’ annual scholarship fund.
To help achieve Tide’s goals, the AlabamaONE Aspire Foundation will match the first $25,000 raised for the Crimson Tide Scholarship Fund on a dollar-for-dollar basis between Jan. 25 and Feb. 1. Fans can find more information or donate here or at uactf.org/ngwsd. This week’s initiatives include the following:
National Girls and Women in Sports Celebration – 25 January – February. 1
- The girls’ basketball team will celebrate the NGWSD at home on Sunday, January 29 against No. 1 South Carolina. Tickets are only $5.
- Alabama Gymnastics will celebrate girls and women in sports at the Tide’s home game against Auburn on Friday, February 3. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased at rolltide.com.
- Student-athletes from the Alabama women’s track team will visit students at three local elementary schools on Wednesday, February 1 to share their stories and inspire the next generation of young athletes.
- Throughout the scholarship week, all donations will go to the Crimson Tide Scholarship Fund in honor of NGWSD
- Follow the conversation on social media posts on official UA Athletics accounts throughout the week using the hashtags #RollTide and #NGWSD.
All the latest information on Alabama Athletics can be found on Twitter and @UA_Athletics on Instagram, Alabama Athletics on Facebook and RollTide.com. The latest news about the Crimson Tide Foundation can be found on social media by following @UACTF on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, as well as CrimsonTideFoundation.org.