January 19, 2023
Helpful IT tips for the new semester
The spring semester has begun, and to help reduce stress or confusion, the Office of Information Technology reminds users of some best practices regarding technology and the various resources available to them.
Here are some keys for faculty, staff and students to start the semester off right.
Turn on any technical devices needed for the semester and verify that they are working as expected.
- if a university owned equipment not working properly, please contact SalukiTech at 618-453-5155 for assistance. If personal equipment is not working, SalukiTech has a local list of non-affiliated repair options.
- Connect to the University’s wireless network (Eduroam) on technology devices on campus. If you are working remotely, connect to SIU’s Virtual Private Network (VPN) to access the University network and related resources.
- Request VPN access here or from SalukiTech.
- Log in to SIU accounts, such as Microsoft Outlook and D2L, to ensure that the username and password are correct and that appropriate access is granted.
- Request the software you need as soon as possible.
SalukiTech is where Dawgs go for technical support. If questions or problems arise, use one of the following methods for support: