With just a few hours left until the New Year’s bell in America, Angelenos are celebrating in abundance, hoping to kick off 2023 with some excitement.
Los Angeles County
- Grand Park NYELA Celebration (8 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.) – For the first time in two years, audiences are invited to enjoy a 3D light show projected on Los Angeles City Hall, along with a variety of live music performances including Grammy-nominated musicians including Cimafunk.
- Long Beach Fireworks (9 p.m. and 11:59 p.m.) – The City of Long Beach will host two separate live fireworks displays that can be viewed from multiple locations, including the Shoreline Village waterfront.
- New Year’s Eve aboard the Queen Mary (8 p.m. to 1 a.m.) – For a unique party experience, folks can head to the iconic Queen Mary for an all-night event, “where the ship’s decks and ballroom will feature live music, dancing, Themed experiences and immersive entertainment pay homage to the Art Deco and bombastic Roaring Twenties.”
- Hollywood Universal Studios (9 p.m. to 2 a.m.) – Park visitors can enjoy extended opening hours, fireworks displays, live musical entertainment and all the other attractions that celebrate 2023 with the theme parks.
- Pacific Park 2023 New Year’s Eve Countdown (11:30 p.m.) – The annual spectacle returns to the Santa Monica Pier, where beachgoers will enjoy “a dazzling display of lights on the Pacific Ferris Wheel located on Santa Monica State Beach.” The 90-foot Ferris wheel will showcase designs, colorful displays and a 60-second countdown to ring in the new year.
- Funny Preciosa New Year’s Eve Party (starts at 9 p.m.) – Preciosa Nights will host a massive party for women of color in 2023 at Catch One, a historic LGBTQ+ venue on W. Pico Boulevard.
- Marina Del Rey New Years Eve Fireworks (7pm to 12am) – People are invited to start the new year under a sky filled with fantastic fireworks displays anywhere near Fisherman’s Village, Burton Chase Park or South Pier.Before the show, one at 8:59pm and another at 11:59pm, the family-friendly Glow Party returns to Burton Chase Park from 7pm
- Anaheim Countdown to 2023 ( ) – The STC GardenWalk at 400 W. Disney Way will host a full day of events including live music, sweepstakes and a street fair.
- Orange County Winter Festival (12pm to 12:30pm) – WinterFest is a “magical holiday wonderland with oversized decorations, over a million lights, immersive walking experiences and, of course, Santa Claus.”
- New Year’s Eve Fireworks at Knott’s Berry Farm (9 a.m. to 1 a.m.) – Extended hours allow guests to enjoy one of Southern California’s many theme parks all day long before fireworks, live entertainment and other special events ring in the New Year.
- Temecula Grape Drops (6 p.m. to 1 a.m.) – For the 14th year in a row, the City of Temecula will hold its annual New Year’s Eve Gala in Old Town Temecula, featuring a “grape fall” similar to the Times Square ball drop. The 12 x 7 foot glowing bunches of grapes descended on the east and west coasts with the ball at midnight. In addition to the activities, there is a children’s play area and outdoor musical entertainment.
- Big Bear Torch Parade (7 p.m. to 10 p.m.) – Hundreds of people will gather in Big Bear City for the 58th annual New Year’s Torchlight Parade before the countdown begins, and more than 200 skiers and snowboarders will light up the night on the slopes. The spectacle takes place at Snow Summit Ski Resort.
Thanks for reading CBS News.
Create your free account or log in