As the state commission governing the Garden State’s legal weed market prepares to adopt revised regulations in the coming weeks, New Jersey’s marijuana business community continues to forge ahead and work on expanding the market.
One of the future changes is removing the legal cap on the number of growers allowed in the state.
“It was clear to me from day one, even before the law was passed, that 37 growers would not be enough to serve the state’s population,” Jeff Brown, executive director of the New Jersey Marijuana Regulatory Commission, recently told NJ Cannabis Insider.
Earlier this month, the China Railway Corporation issued rules for operating consumer lounges; it has also made strides in helping small businesses, especially those hurt by the war on drugs, overcome obstacles put in place by uncertain municipalities progress.
To that end, NJ Cannabis Insider, the state’s only trade journal covering the industry since 2018, will host its first conference of the year on March 8, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the DoubleTree by Hilton Newark Airport. tickets is limited.
From getting approval to operate in their town from well-informed municipal leaders, to finding the right real estate in a notoriously tight market, to getting the capital to run a viable business, small business owners are making a difference in this multi-billion-dollar industry, pulling Wen said.
“We’re designing a program where attendees can walk away with actionable information from some of the most knowledgeable business leaders in our industry,” he said. “As you will see, several of our 23-man roster to watch in 2023 have already been confirmed to speak.”
Speakers to date include:
- Edmond DeVoeChairman of the NJ CannaBusiness Association, the state’s Cannabis Chamber of Commerce
- Jessica Gonzalezan attorney, educator and consultant representing the New Jersey Business Action Center technical assistance program
- Rob MegaAuthor, Entrepreneur and Cannabis Lecturer at Stockton University
- David KunichFounder of UCS Advisors, Investor Relations Specialist
- Darling Chandler Jr.., Owner of Premium Genetics, Executive of RIPCO Real Estate
- Faye ColemanFounder of Pure Genesis and owner of Endo, a soon-to-open pharmacy/consumer lounge in Atlantic City
- Molly Hartman LustigChair, McLaughlin & Stern Cannabis Law Practice
- Martha FigaroCo-founder of CannPowerment and owner of But-A-Cake, a Jersey City-based company specializing in infused cannabis edibles
- Ronald Mondellomunicipal and land use attorney for many New Jersey municipalities
- tian bryant, CEO and Co-Founder of Roll Up Life, an East Orange delivery and technology company
- Precious Osagie EreseCOO and Co-Founder, Roll Up Life
- Todd Polignac, SAX Partner, Cannabis Accounting
- warren halasVice President of Regulatory Compliance, Cannaspire
Topics that will be covered at the one-day conference include:
- Best Practices on How to Get Council Approval
- what it takes to raise money
- Navigating the Real Estate Market
- What Conditional and Annual Permit Holders Should Do Now
- How to get the most out of government agencies that can help you
The conference will include a vendor exhibit space and several discovery areas, including educational outlets, niche products and services, and a curated quick networking session designed to connect licensees with as many Connect with like-minded people over time, Lavin said.
Click here Buy tickets. Space is limited. Social equity applicants should take advantage of the discount options on the tickets page.
New Jersey Cannabis Insider is a weekly subscriber-based online trade journal and events group produced by NJ Advance Media, which also publishes NJ.com, The Star-Ledger and other affiliated papers.