The Washington Capitals (25-19-6) take on the Pittsburgh Penguins (24-15-8) as part of Thursday’s NHL game, starting at 7:00 p.m. Sportsnet Pittsburgh airs. The Capital team ranked eighth in the East with 56 points, and the Penguins ranked seventh in the East with 56 points.
How to watch Washington vs. Pittsburgh
Washington vs. Pittsburgh head-to-head results
Washington and Pittsburgh Statistics
- The Capitals are 15th in the league in goals scored per game (3.2), while the Penguins are 17th in goals allowed (3.1).
- The Penguins have scored 3.3 goals per game (154 in 47 games), and the Capitals have conceded 2.8 goals (140 in 50 games).
- Washington ranks 10th in the league in goal difference at +18.
- Pittsburgh’s goal difference this season is +10 (15th in the league).
- The Capitals scored 31 powerball goals (21st in the NHL in powerball percentage), and the Penguins conceded 29 powerball goals (9th in penalty kick percentage).
- The Capitals conceded 25 goals while shorthanded (81.6% penalty shootout), while the Penguins scored 37 storming shots (22.2% chance success).
washington shock player
- One of Washington’s biggest offensive contributors this season was Alex Ovechkin, who scored 53 points (31 goals, 22 assists) in 20:33 per game.
- Evgeny Kuznetsov had 6 goals and 34 assists for a total of 40 points (0.8 ppg).
- Dylan Strome’s 36 points this season came from 11 goals and 25 assists.
- Darcy Kuemper has conceded 78 goals (average 2.57 goals) and made 848 saves.
Nic Dowd: Out (lower body), Carl Hagelin: Out (hip), Tom Wilson: Day To Day (lower body), John Carlson: Out (face), Connor Brown: Out (lower body)
pittsburgh impact players
- Sidney Crosby was Pittsburgh’s offensive leader with 57 points (1.2 ppg), 23 goals and 34 assists (20:07 per game) in 47 games.
- Yevgeny Malkin scored 47 points this season, scoring 17 goals and assisting 30 times.
- Pittsburgh’s Jake Guentzel led the team with 44 points (20 goals and 24 assists).
- Tristan Jarry has conceded 70 goals (2.6 average) and made 816 saves for a .921 save percentage (sixth in the league) in 27 games this season.
Tristan Jarry: Out (upper body), Kasperi Kapanen: Out (lower body), Janruta: Out (upper body), Josh Archibald: Out (undisclosed)
Regional restrictions apply.